Hello everyone! I just want to list some guidelines we have for this group.
1. No flaming or attacking any other group member. If you have a problem with someone on the group, email them privately to try to resolve the issue. Avoid bringing the issue to the moderators unless the issue is not getting resolved.
2. We are not a replacement for professional help. If you are in crisis and are a danger to yourself or someone else, it is your responsibility to keep yourself safe or go to the nearest emergency room or call 911. Do not post to the group that you have an active plan to harm yourself or someone else. It is okay to talk about your feelings, but it is another if you are stating you have an active plan. This could get you removed from the group.
3. If you joined this group, we are assuming that you want to be an active participant in the group. We will not allow for lurking. If you cannot post for a period of time due to being in the hospital, on vacation,etc... please let us know the reasons you cannot participate and how long you expect to be away. If several days go by and you have not been participating in the group, we will email you privately to see what is going on and if you wish to stay in the group.
4. Remember that we are not here to fix one another. We are here just to support one another in our healing.
5. This is a group for people who are working to get better. To grow and to learn. If it appears that you are just using the group to complain, but are not actively trying to help yourself, you will be warned privately and if it continues, you may be removed from the group.
I know some of these guidelines seem tough, but I believe in helping ourselves and doing the work that is needed to heal. That is what I want this group to be about. We all have been there. We all have shared in similar things. We can support and encourage one another along the way, but it is our own responsibility to work on our own healing. But we don't have to do it alone. We can offer friendship and support and a listening ear.